||Augus van Gils|
At the moment we have the choice of the following backup options for the new version:
For most of the small websites a daily backup is enough, but for eCommerce or very dynamic websites you really need a Hourly backup.
But then you won't have the need to save 24 hourly backups, and then for each day since the backup is running.
So my suggestion is to let a GP user create templates of incremental backups. So a GP user can adjust which backups are saved or not.
For example i create the following templates:
Template A (default):
- Daily backup of past 7 days
- Weekly backup of sunday of past 5 weeks.
- Monthly backup of first sunday of the month of past 3 months
Template B (high use):
- Hourly backup of past 24 hours
- Daily backup of past 14 days
- Weekly backup of sunday of past 9 weeks
- Monthly backup of first sunday of the month of past 6 months.
With the templates the GP user can set each site to a different backup pattern, choose which backups they want to save and which can be deleted (for space and overview).
I think this would be a great addition to the current V2.0.